Monday 6 October 2008

Quick update

Hi everybody,

This is not the post that I promised, or rather, hinted at, last time. I am actually in the middle of another post, but have left it for the time being. I will endeavour to finish and post it, but I am aware that there are friends out there who are desperate (?) for continuing updates.

So, (we seem to have been here before), this is the end of week one in cycle three (of a total of eight). The dosage in cycle three is the same as cycle two (which was 20% lower than cycle one).

The symptoms are similar (low level nausea in the morning, pins and needles, insomnia overnight - waking each night several times to wee).

The big difference this time is the time that the symptoms have taken to subside. During cycle one and two the pins and needles disappeared after forty eight hours. This time, however, I can still feel the tail end symptoms even now, one week after the hospital treatment.

I was at the hospital last Tuesday and when I left my arm felt like it had been kicked by a horse. I wandered around the house feeling sorry for my self, clutching my arm.

I am tired most of the time, and force myself to get up and face each day. So far I have managed it, but as the mornings get darker and colder (the central heating clock was wrong this morning, so the heating was off!) it is getting more and more of a struggle.

Enough of all this now though. I will try to finish my other post in the next few days and get it on the net.


No comments: