Monday 11 August 2008

Twice as good

If one post is good, then obviously two posts is twice as good. The last post was a catchup, after the long silence (four whole days). This post is about tomorrow, the first day of my chemotherapy.

I am due at SJH at 10 am tomorrow for the first dose of Oxaliplatin. The drip generally takes about two hours to be administered, but I guess that we will be there longer. I am assuming that they will want to weigh me (again) and stuff before starting, and probably monitor me after the drip has finished.

The ward/centre/clinic at SJH is really nice. There is an entry area, with settees and internet access. Through into the next area, there are offices and the main treatment area, which is by default, more clinical. There are, however, comfortable seats for the patients. There are areas for relaxation therapy, some of which I might partake, but some I will not be using.

I will blog again tomorrow, and let you know how it all goes. The point of this blog is to document this treatment and reassure everyone about this, both friends as I go through the treatment and hopefully other fellow sufferers, both of colon cancer and possibly other forms of cancer.

Back tomorrow

No comments: